What is the functions happen under patent system?
A government may grant an inventor a patent for a new invention. The patent gives the owner of the patent an exclusive right to exploit the invention by way of excluding others from making, using, selling, offering to sell or importing the invention without the patent owner’s consent. This right is territorial in nature, i.e. country specific and lasts for a limited period, generally a maximum of 20 years.
What is the full form of WIPO and NIPO?
- WIPO means World Intellectual Property Organization
- NIPO means National Intellectual Property Office
What elements come under patent information?
- A full description of how the invention works.
- A definition of the invention in the claims. These claims set out the legal scope of the patent right in terms of the essential features of the invention.
- The names of the inventor and the patent owner (sometimes different entities)
- Dates of filing, publication etc., plus various other relevant information.
What information is included in a patent document?
- Description, Drawings, Claims
- Patent/ Publication/ Application/ Priority number(s)
- Inventor, applicant, owner
- Examiner/ Attorney Firms
- Country Information
- Patent Family
What are the different Patent Classification Systems?
- International Patent Classification (IPC)
- Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC)
- Japanese Classification System, (FI, F-term)
What are the two Patent’s Dual Entity?
- Legal Title
- Technical Publication
Who are the users of Patent information?
- Professionals of Patents
- Educational Institutions & Universities
- Governmental Institutions
- R & D Institutions
What are the business value of patent?
- Reduce costs
- Reduce risk
- Improve productivity
- Increase revenue
What are the Non-Proprietary Patent Databases?
- Espacenet Patent Search
- USPTO PatFT/AppFT Search
- WIPO PatentScope
- IPOPHL PhilPat
- KIPO’s KIPRIS
- Other IP Offices’ Database
What are the Proprietary Patent Databases?
- InnovationQ Plus (IEEE & IP.Com)
- Derwent Innovation (Clarivate Analytics)
- TotalPatent (LexisNexis)
- STN, CAS (STN)
- Orbit (Questel)
- Patbase (minesoft)
- Dialog (ProQuest)
- WIPS Global (WIPS)